by Brian Oster
Creating videos for your business is often thought of only as an expense. With some foresight, I want to show you how some internal videos can provide an actual cost savings over time. I am not talking about potential sales, but real savings in areas you might not have considered. Do you have an extensive training process? Are there strict safety regulations within your organization? What about new software launches? You might be missing out on the advantages and savings of using video.
Different types of Internal Business Videos
* = potential cost savings over time
- * New Hire Orientation: Company growth and high turnover both result in large amounts of onboard training. If you have multiple locations, don’t forget to add in the cost of travel expenses. Recording portions of your orientation could quickly recoup salary costs and time invested.
- New Equipment Training: Ensure the use of equipment by new employees is 100% accurate and no details are overlooked.
- * New Software Training: For large corporations, unveiling a new software program or upgrade can generate hundreds of hours of lost productivity. Creating a video that demonstrates to employees the “need-to-know” and “how-to” information could be money well spent.
- * Safety Regulations: We all know following the rules saves lives, but sitting through a safety meeting telling us about those rules can be rather boring (no offense). See what Delta and Virgin Airlines did to spice up their safety videos.
- * Compliance Training: Do you have ISO compliance or other certifications that need detailed explaining?
- * Annual Employee Refresher Courses
- Annual Reporting
- Corporate Comedy
- * Executive Message
This is the third and final post in the blog series answering the questions, “What can video do for my business?” and “What types of business videos are right for my company?” Consider what some of your business’ pain points are, whether internal or external, and how a video might creatively solve that problem – possibly in a way no other media could.